Nate Sipple's Top 8 Smallmouth Guide Selection in a Tight Lines Snap Box.
- Name: Nate Sipple
- Favorite Month to Fish Smallmouth: June
- Favorite Rod/Reel/Line/Leader Setup: Sage Salt HD 790, Sage Spectrum LT 7-8, RIO Winter Redfish Line, RIO Bass Leader, 10lb Maxima Chameleon Tippet
- “Elite 8” Fly Choices:
1) Boogle Bug (Solar Flare)
2) Porky’s Pet
3) Sparkle Minnow (Black Light)
4) Fat Albert (tan)
5) Murdich Minnow (gray/white)
6) Diving Bug (frog or perch)
7) Boogle Bug (Yella Fella)
8) Murdich Wiggler (white or tan)
- If you had to pick just ONE smallmouth fly, it would be the: Tough one… For enjoyment, it’d be the Frog Diver. For effectiveness and versatility, it’d be the Murdich Minnow
- One item (other than rod, reel, fly) that you can’t smallmouth fish without is: Forceps/Pliers. These fish can absolutely inhale flies and having a way to safely unhook them and pinch barbs is critical.
- 79 degrees day, no wind, hungry fish. The one beer you want in your hand is: Keweenaw Red Jack Amber Ale
- One person, alive or dead, you’d like to guide?: Bob Uecker… Just so he could offer commentary throughout the day.
- Last Question… Favorite new item you’ve added to your fishing collection lately?: I’d have to say it’s a toss-up between the Fishpond Thunderhead Sling Pack or the Patagonia Tough Puff Hoody… The thing is seriously comfortable and built for anglers.